When selecting a mask, there are many choices. Here are some do’s and don’ts.
How to Wear
Wear a mask correctly and consistently for the best protection.
- Be sure to wash your hands before putting on a mask
- Do NOT touch the mask when wearing it
Do wear a mask that
- Covers your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Fits snugly against the sides of your face
Do NOT wear a mask
How to take off a mask
How to Clean
Masks should be washed regularly. Always remove masks correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used mask.
- Include your mask with your regular laundry
- Use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the mask
- Use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry